12 Days of Bumbershoot with the BCC.
Charles Bradley and His Extraodinaires - “Strictly Reserved for You”
Charles Bradley and the making of Victim of Love.
If you like this Throwback Thursday gem (and how can you not?) then don’t miss JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound and Lee Fields & The Expressions at Bumbershoot 2012.
Charles Bradley performs “Why Is It So Hard” live on KEXP from the Bumbershoot Music Lounge. Recorded 9/5/2011.
Photos from this session at the KEXP Blog.
KEXP’s Music That Matters, Vol. 265 - Bumbershoot 2011 Preview
DJ Kevin Cole previews some of the many highlights from this year’s Bumbershoot: Seattle’s Music & Arts Festival including rare live performances from Kristin Hersh, Fitz and The Tantrums, and Sharon Van Etten.
1. Vetiver - Wonder Why
2. Ravenna Woods - Headless Men
3. The Kills - Heart Is A Beating Drum
4. My Goodness - Blackout Baby
5. Fitz and The Tantrums - Breaking The Chains Of Love (from Live at KEXP Volume 7)
6. Dennis Coffey - 7th Galaxy
7. Charles Bradley - The World (Is Going Up In Flames)
8. Shabazz Palaces - Swerve… The Reeping Of All That Is…
9. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - My Oh My
10. Mad Rad - The Youth Die Young
11. Kristin Hersh - Rat Girl (excerpt) + Gazebo Tree (Live at KEXP)
12. Sharon Van Etten - One Day (from Live at KEXP Volume 7)
13. Vusi Mahlasela - Nakupenda Africa (featuring Angelique Kidjo)
14. Little Dragon - Ritual Union
15. School Of Seven Bells - Windstorm
16. Thee Oh Sees - Pleasure Blimps
17. Craft Spells - Party Talk
If you Like SPIN on Facebook, you can download the cover compilation Newermind, featuring covers by Bumbershoot artists past (Surfer Blood, Meat Puppets), and present (Jessica Lea Mayfield, Charles Bradley), all celebrating the 20th anniversary of Nirvana’s groundbreaking major label debut.